Xorg glamo update

Graeme Gregory graeme at openmoko.org
Sun Jan 4 18:27:38 CET 2009

Christopher Friedt wrote:
> Hi Graeme,
> I've recently 'signed up' to work on xglamo as well - under NDA -  so
> I have access to the documentation. I presume that you do as well.
> I'd like to ramp-up to speed ASAP so that I know which parts to focus
> on. I've just checked out the xorg-driver-wip branch and would assume
> that the best way to start debugging is to modify xorg.conf to use the
> xglamo driver, compile and install the modules, and then just monitor
> the Xorg.0.log output over the serial / dboard.
> Can you give me any other suggestions that will bring me up to speed?
Hi Chris, try and keep all discussions on the mailing list so the others
can see them!

Your scheme is pretty much the way I have been doing things so far. I
have attached the xorg.conf I am using to fire up the glamo driver.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

I think we need to get what we have so far rendering to screen then its
time to start investigating drm2/KMS and moving the locking and cmdq
handling down into the kernel where it really belongs.