Xorg glamo update

Graeme Gregory graeme at openmoko.org
Sun Jan 4 20:47:19 CET 2009

Thomas White wrote:
> Many people have (rightly) pointed out that 3D acceleration isn't
> something that OM themselves should be spending time and money on, so
> this part is purely a community project.  Despite the fact that Glamo
> won't be being used in future devices, there are people (such as
> myself) who'd like to give it a go.  Right now, I'm starting work on a
> Mesa driver to get a top-down perspective and because I have a lot of
> OpenGL experience to bring.

Well don't forget a lot of this work is rather generic as well. As arm
SoCs seem to be gaining OpenGLES accellerators built in. Having a
generic framework to support them the same as x86 has would be good. And
Ill bet it will help OM going forward in the future.

As for git hosting I'm sure we can organise that within OM. I have the
resources to host it myself but better to get OM to do it :-)

Graeme