Andy Green andy at
Wed Jan 7 14:11:41 CET 2009

|> |
|> | eth0 is up but lost its IP, wireless is not associated.
|> | An 'ifup eth0' immediately re-establishes the connection..
|> I think this is actually OK if we lose association while down.  It
|> should be a matter for the userspace stuff like NetworkManager to try to
|> reacquire.
|> If you think about case where it suspends and then you walked to another
|> building before waking it, you're going to need a fresh management
|> action of WLAN connection.
| True, but still the behaviour should be the same after every suspend

I'd agree, but if there is a NetworkManager thing taking care of
business in userspace as there should be, it will also cover this case.
~ I don't have much idea where the toggle behaviour is coming from, but
it can be the AR6001 firmware or SDIO stack action during suspend or both.

| Also it should not bring up wireless after boot.

Agree about that, we should move to modularized WLAN but last time I
tried this with Atheros stack I was completely unable to get it to work.
~ Hopefully it's better now.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -