JTAG communication failure, check connection, JTAG interface, target power etc.

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:25:26 CET 2009

Hi,

--- On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:
| jtag_speed 0
|
| Try increasing this, despite "speed" it actually means "delay".
|
| Also, only certain magic libftdi versions work, IIRC 0.8 is good.
\--

I tried 4, 8, 20 for jtag_speed, but, I still get the JTAG
communication failure error messages. The same desktop setup worked
earlier, so, I am wondering if it could be due to low battery power on
the FR?
http://www.mail-archive.com/community@lists.openmoko.org/msg29185.html

The battery status says 57% when directly connected to the PC and doing:

  cat /sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/status

says "Not Charging" on (ASU-200811142247). Is there a minimal X %
battery status required when connected to the debug board for JTAG to
function?

Thanks for your reply,

SK

--