How do I make Xglamo read directly from the touchscreen?

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Thu Jan 8 19:56:59 CET 2009

On Thursday 08 January 2009 17:20:48 Nelson Castillo wrote:

> We are making parts of tslib optional for us, not all of it obsolete
> for everyone ...

If you do filtering and calibration in kernel? What does tslib do? Why to keep
it around? nostalgia?

> > Our Company goal is to use upstream stuff, by using Openmoko's custom in
> > kernel touchscreen filtering and calibration infrastructure we don't get
> > closer to that goal, we walk into the other direction.
>
> It seems more like a restriction than a goal. I really agree that we
> should get code
> upstream. We also have to make things work :-) What shall we try first?

The problem is claimed to be fixed for GTA02, right? Well, then clean up and
streamline. Every software I have seen this with "we have punched it enough to
work and will now punch something else" attitude is in a miserable state as
things get messy and more messy and it is a one way street... The constant
cleaning up in the Free Software world is making sure code remains
maintainable... regarding touchscreen we are in the cleanup and streamline
process... I have no idea where it will end but now is the time to reconsider
things (including tslib)...

z.

PS: I have done a lot to make a deadline, I have always fixed it properly
afterwards... otherwise you will end up in a desperate situation...