How do I make Xglamo read directly from the touchscreen?

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Thu Jan 8 23:48:20 CET 2009

On Thursday 08 January 2009 23:32:34 Nelson Castillo wrote:

> I feel you're trying to tell us there is a single path to solving the
> problem and that we
> are failing to follow it...

Sorry that I'm forced to state the obvious. There is one crucial part with
sending stuff upstream. It involves writing an email and attaching a patch and
actually sending it upstream. This is where we currently fail and I try to
help, I even looked into MAINTAINERS and found a good address.

My reasoning. We have fixed an immediate need for our GTA02 users (well done
guys!), while doing this we have spent extra effort and created a generic
framework (the problem could have been fixed without the extra framework). So
to reach the return of investment for the extra effort you should try to get
this framework adopted by more than the s3c ts driver and try to get it into
the kernel. This means to make the extra effort not just wasted time we should
try to increase the adoption of it?! Sounds reasonable right?

anyway my last mail on this thread, I hope you start communication with
upstream soon...

z.