How do I make Xglamo read directly from the touchscreen?

Nelson Castillo nelsoneci at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 00:30:17 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Stefan Schmidt <stefan at openmoko.org> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 17:32, Nelson Castillo wrote:
>>
>> I fail to see your point :-(
>
> From my view the main point Holger is making is that you did the work in a nice
> generic way but kept it all in the openmoko-only git tree. Speculating if
> upstream likes this or not could get clarified by actually sending it there as
> RFC and aks them.

Good :-)

I'll do it.

You know? The "framework" is not really important IMHO. I think we've spent most
of the time working on algorithms and not in the framework which is quite simple
anyway. If upstream does not like the patches we might then decide to port them
to tslib. I think they belong to kernel space but they might as well
live in userspace
with some workarounds that I do not like (we will have to leave one
filter in kernel
space in the same driver code... and check some other weird things, but it might
work).

I sent a patch to tslib and I got zero feedback. It is not a really
active project.

It will be quite fun if our patch doesn't end up in upstream kernel
but in the OE
repository as a patch to tslib 1.0 :-) If that happens I'll ask Holger
for free pizza!

The TS is working and it is what matters.

I'll send email upstream today or tomorrow and I hope we get to know
what they think
soon.