Exposure in paroli? [was: Re: Exposure]

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Mon Jan 12 04:59:09 CET 2009

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:25:29 +0100, Mirko Lindner <mirko at openmoko.org>
wrote:
> Hi Joel,
>
> I talked with Marek and we are very interested in moving forward with an
> implementation of exposure within paroli. Would that be something you'd
> be interested in collaborating?
>
> To check what paroli is please see:
>
> http://www.paroli-project.org
>
> and for sources (python + edje) see:
>
> http://git.paroli-project.org/?p=paroli.git;a=summary
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you.
>
> /mirko

I've been aware of paroli but not actually looked into it yet, so I guess
now I have a reason... :)  Yes, I'd be interested.

So far all I've achieved in Exposure is to add a control to force charging
to 100/500/1000mA mode.  It's based on the Brightness control.  But I'm not
thrilled with it - I think it needs more complex interaction than just
cycling between 100/500/1000 - in particular I think it's a bad idea to
FORCE it to change to 1000mA first when you tap it on '500mA'.  Granted
it's not likely someone will see it on 500mA and need to switch to 100mA,
but nonetheless...  I also want to be able to switch USB host/device and
switch between USBnet and usb_storage modes, so what I'm currently toying
with is having a tap on "USB/power mode" slide to a new UI listing all
modes simultaneously for selection, instead of cycling the one line.

Joel Newkirk
http://jthinks.com      (blog)
http://newkirk.us/om (FR stuff)