WLAN status update

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Mon Jan 12 08:43:13 CET 2009

| Regarding general reception issues, "GNUtoo" reported on IRC
| experiencing unstable associations with default settings, but that
| "wmiconfig -i eth0 --power maxperf" solved the problem.

maxperf is one of those names that makes you wonder why it isn't the

| I thought --power was mainly affecting latency, so I didn't expect

It sounds more like it impacts TX RF power level.

| Last but not least, I'll post a proof-of-concept implementation of
| rfkill soon. There are still some API semantics that need to be
| clarified, and there's also the question whether the rather indirect
| control we have over the transmitter is indeed compatible with the
| quite narrowly defined goals for this interface.

It's like an on / off switch Werner.

Surely it doesn't have that many complicated decisions to ponder and
discuss :?)

| clear that most issues are connected to the frozen access point list.
| I can reproduce this problem, even if it sometimes takes a while.

What does pulling and re-inserting the modules do for this issue?

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)