FSO stable and glamo

Nelson Castillo nelsoneci at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 19:42:30 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

> | Hi All,
> |
> | Does anybody else here get 'fade outs' or other screen crashes when
> trying to
> | rotate the screen on latest FSO?
> |
> | xrandr -o 2 (rotate 180 degrees, stays portrait) works ok though.
>
> Yes it's a known issue, we didn't figure out what's to blame yet.

I did the following test (see video):
sleep 8
xrandr -o 0
sleep 3
xrandr -o 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA038avH6rE

I could rotate here but after one more attempt I got white screen :-/
The behavior is not (apparently) deterministic because the first time
I tried (now shown) I got the white screen immediately.

This is a message that the kernel will print if you try to use the
system after the white screen:

[  637.245000] jbt6k74 spi2.0: **** jbt6k74 unblank
[  637.305000] *************glamofb cmd_queue never got empty*************
[  637.390000] *************glamofb cmd_queue never got empty*************