FSO and Paroli

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 14 03:03:44 CET 2009

Hi,
  I have quite a few suggestions and questions.

Questions
Can't we have a daily build?
I have cloned the repo - How do I build a package?
Why is there no feedback after the Paroli-Launcher is run?
Sometimes I need to run the Paroli-Launcher again or the other apps crash
without any message. Can't we have some feedback on crashes?
I want to contribute code / patches. How do I do that?
Cant find any documentation on milestones/features/ui. Is there any?

Suggestions
I think we need a base window - much like zhone. One that allows users to
have a homescreen, configurable wallpaper and clock (like Android for eg
/cairo-clock) and some icons to launch the dialer, contacts etc. The idea of
looking at a lot of icons on the phone is not that enticing right now.

Can't the dialer, I/O and contacts windows be together with tabs? The
android design seems to be a nice way of clubbing together these things.

Is there some way I can use Edje-editor to improve the UI? Right now it
seems that there are too many edc files all around and they aren't really
all that easy to use in the editor.

Hope that helps.