connman vs. interface detection

Stefan Schmidt stefan at openmoko.org
Wed Jan 14 23:58:47 CET 2009

Hello.

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 23:06, Werner Almesberger wrote:

> Specifically, I tested:
> - starting it when the interface is up: detects and registers it
> - idem, but unbinding and re-binding the driver: detect.c detects
>   and registers the interface
> - starting with the interface unbound and then binding it: again,
>   detects and registers
>
> The registration reports:
>
> detect.c:detect_newlink() type 1 index 5
> connman_device_create(dev_00_12_CF_8F_34_CF, 2)
> connman_device_set_interface(eth0)
>
> The 2 is CONNMAN_DEVICE_TYPE_WIFI.
>
> So it seems that all is well in the lower layers.

Hmm, ok. I have to admit that my last test on the device was with version 0.4
and not the newest git which is evenm newer then 0.8.

I'm rather busy with preparing the next FSO release these days but I try to
squeeze in another text next week or the week after that.

Thanks for performing the tests. Will come back to you when I investigated a bit
more.

regards
Stefan Schmidt