Exposure in paroli? [was: Re: Exposure]

Mirko Lindner mirko at openmoko.com
Thu Jan 15 11:27:11 CET 2009

Hej,

c_c wrote:
> Hi,
>  :-) Well, I think the more we get clear about where we're heading, the
> better chances we have of getting somewhere close.
>

> Mirko Lindner-2 wrote:
>>
>> My thoughts here are merely structural. It would be nice if we could
>> have a service for each of those items and load the list depending on
>> the services loaded by paroli. Which would also allow us to have a
>> slider for application settings for example. We also save time later
>> when we need the modules in an application.
>>
>> I am not sure if that would work, but I would certainly like us to try ;)
>>

>   I'm not sure I get what you mean. Can you amplify with a simple example?

Take bluetooth for example. When paroli starts it registers the service.
  The service would contain a subset of configuration options which get
picked up by the settings application. For example: active, scan, be
visible etc.
The settings app would take those actions and create buttons/sliders etc.
The same goes for any application. For example if the settings app runs
on the OM image it would show phone configs, such as "send own number",
"ring tone" etc. On shr on the other hand, as they have their own phone
stack, these options wouldn't be there.
So the settings shown in the settings app would be generated depending
on the applications and services installed.

Did this help?

/mirko