FSO unstable image now 49M - no X

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 12:07:44 CET 2009

On Friday 16 January 2009, qhaz wrote:
> c_c wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   Since 13 Jan, the FSO-unstable image has reduced to 49M in size
> > (rootfs.tar.gz) and has no x server / enlightenment. The 12 Jan image was
> > 63M. Is this planned behaviour - or is the auto build breaking somewhere?
> >  CAn anyone throw some light on this?
>
> For me, I am unable to successfully boot any FSO rootfs image from Jan 13th
> on.  They all cause my FR to hang during boot initialisation.  I too wonder
> what is happening there.  Others report the same.
> Anyone have a suggestion?

Are you sure it's actually hanging? I thought it was when it sat at 'starting
fso-gpsd....[ok]' or some similar line, so I started disabling init scripts.
In the process I discovered the lack of X, and that I could ssh into it, but
by that time I had removed the gpsd and fso-gpsd init scripts from /etc/rc5.d
so I can't be sure that didn't have an effect.