Unable to modify from U-Boot to Qi.

ramsarvan pl_ram2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 16:46:53 CET 2009

Hi All,

I tried modifying the bootloader from u-boot to Qi
for booting Android from SD card. I booted the phone
in NOR mode (aux first, power next) and then flashed the
Qi bootloader using dfu-util u-boot option. As per
the wiki, the Qi will replace the NAND menu (with NOR menu
existing) and straight away boot from the SD cards if
available. But I still see the NAND menu when I press
power first and aux next.

I have a SD with ext3 partition containing the files required
for booting from Android and I can see them using ext2ls.

Image used for Qi: qi-s3c2442-master_a2d11c4dd18c9517.udfu
Device: Freerunner.

Can anyone please tell me what i am missing?

Thanks,
Ram.