Unable to modify from U-Boot to Qi.

Andy Green andy at openmoko.com
Fri Jan 16 16:57:45 CET 2009

| Hi All,
| I tried modifying the bootloader from u-boot to Qi
| for booting Android from SD card. I booted the phone
| in NOR mode (aux first, power next) and then flashed the
| Qi bootloader using dfu-util u-boot option. As per
| the wiki, the Qi will replace the NAND menu (with NOR menu
| existing) and straight away boot from the SD cards if
| available. But I still see the NAND menu when I press
| power first and aux next.
| I have a SD with ext3 partition containing the files required
| for booting from Android and I can see them using ext2ls.
| Image used for Qi: qi-s3c2442-master_a2d11c4dd18c9517.udfu
| Device: Freerunner.
| Can anyone please tell me what i am missing?

Not completely certain about the problem, it is that you only have a
problem if you press AUX during boot with Qi?  Qi is looking at AUX to
see if it should skip booting the "current" kernel.  Can that explain it?

If I got the wrong idea, check that /boot/uImage-GTA02 exists on that
ext3 partition.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)