Graphics system task list

Thomas White taw at
Wed Jan 21 16:35:49 CET 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:33:15 +0100
Jorge Luis Zapata <turran at> wrote:

> - Develop a Mesa's EGL driver

A possible typo here?  EGL and GLX are both methods for setting up
OpenGL surfaces and, while Mesa has some bits for EGL, if we're
going the whole hog with Xorg then GLX is what we need.

If someone wanted to use acceleration outside of X, they could get EGL
working and use Glamo (via DRM) directly on the framebuffer.

Some details here:

What we definitely need, and which constitutes the "fun part" of
getting accelerated 3D, is a Mesa backend driver.  That comes from a
fleshing-out of this empty file:;a=blob;f=src/mesa/drivers/dri/glamo/glamo_dri.c;h=6d7172484fdbec3548b634b7f23499c7b73522e6;hb=refs/heads/glamo