Openmoko not booting up

Joel Newkirk freerunner at newkirk.us
Mon Jan 26 04:39:57 CET 2009

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:26:38 -0500, Ketaki Deo <ketz.deo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to load the gestures application provided in the
Applications
> list.
> When I rebooted it, the display was gone.
> So i tried to replace some of the init and dbus  files, now it is not
even
> booting up.
>
> Does anyone have any solution to this?
>
> --
> Thanks and Regards,
> Ketaki Deo

If it won't even boot (from NAND, I'm assuming) then you have two options.

1 - reflash.

2 - install something bootable on uSD card via PC, insert into FR and boot
from it, then SSH in from desktop and try to repair.

For #2 you might be well-served by installing the exact same distribution
and version on the uSD so you have (hopefully) suitable copies of various
files available.  You'll also need to mount the NAND filesystem when
booting from uSD - you should be able to use "mkdir /nand;mount -t jffs2
/dev/mtdblock6 /nand".

Joel Newkirk
http://jthinks.com      (blog)
http://newkirk.us/om (FR stuff)