Exposure in paroli? [was: Re: Exposure]

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 15:45:21 CET 2009

Hi,

Mirko Lindner wrote:

> Afaik most of the configuring will handled by fso, so in paroli we
> mainly need method calls to trigger those changes.

Is that so? I'm not sure if FSO needs to be in the middle for turning on
radios for eg.

Mirko Lindner wrote:

> So, services could come with a param or attribute marking some of its
> methods as configure methods which would then be picked up by the
> settings app. Am i getting this right?

Yup, that seems to be the way to go as of now.

Mirko Lindner wrote:

> For the configuring of apps I am clueless so far ;)

Maybe we could have a settings service that apps could register configurable
parameters with. Then, we could for eg have an app that could register
parameters for the kernel too.
The settings app can then stick to manipulating these parameters within the
defined constraints (that the app/service registers with the settings
service).
Does that make sense ?