Making a call in C

Thomas Seiler thseiler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 01:19:23 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
<mickey at openmoko.org> wrote:
> Three options (in order of decreasing sanity):
>
> 1.) Use libframeworkd-glib.
> 2.) Use libdbus-glib.
> 3.) Use raw libdbus.

There is one more possibility (and maybe its even less sane than raw dbus :-)

4.) libefso

libefso is a _very_simple wrapper around the fso dbus apis and exists
mainly to avoid the detour of the glib type system for efl based apps.
It tries therefore to map everything to simple native c types +
structs, even if this is a bit awkward for some fso constructs.

libefso, has a big drawback however, its not quite finished...
Some things work already quite reliably, i.e. we are able to power up
the modem, to supply a PIN, and initiate a call using libefso.
Other things simply aren't written yet, some have bugs and some sane
error handling is missing aswell.

more infos + example: http://www.om.vptt.ch/site/?page_id=491
and code lives here: http://svn.om.vptt.ch/trunk/libefso

As usually, feedback most welcome :-)

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Excercise 17:
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand we'd be so