Guitar Tuner app probs with using /dev/dsp on 2.6.28

c_c cchandel at
Fri Jan 30 03:10:26 CET 2009

@ jluis : Yup, I know.

Well, it seems like I cant get through to the admin(s) at For want of a better place (and being pretty
impatient myself :-) I'm attaching the source code to this mail. Hopefully,
I can get some feedback on how to improve the program.

BTW, after cleaning up the code a little and modifying the downsampling
function, I get better performance. And, if I might say so myself, this
works quite well on my laptop too (or at least better than most other
similar software I've tried on Linux). Though, of course - I haven't tried

So guitar-0.1.tar.gz
- here's the code. Thanks.

TO DO : 1. Move over to alsa. - hopefully by Minday.
            2. Connect the slider to the mic volume. - Low on priority
            3. Icon and ipk. - by Monday.
Sent from the Openmoko Devel mailing list archive at