depriving oneself of admin rights (was Re: Guitar Tuner app probs with using /dev/dsp on 2.6.28)

Armin ranjbar zoup at zoup.org
Fri Jan 30 21:28:37 CET 2009

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:32:01 -0200
Werner Almesberger <werner at openmoko.org> wrote:

> c_c wrote:
> >   Sorry about that. I tried to add myself to the developers list on
> > the svn and promptly lost admin abilities.
>
> By the way, this seems to be a pretty frequently visited trap.
>
> I once suggested that we should simply not let anyone change their
> status if this change would mean that the project ends up with
> no admins.
>
> Joachim didn't like the idea of having a local modification in
> GForge, which is a position I can understand. But if someone could
> put such a feature into GForge upstream, I think that would help
> everyone.
>
> - Werner

Dear all,
I'm not fully disagree with local modification to gforge, you see, system
administrators do not really like something static and un-update-able
content on filesystem, in this case changing source might cause broken
upgrades as well,but as i have always said, if community is seriously in
need of some changes, site-admin team will accept changes happily :)

in my point of view, there are few steps to make gforge a better place
to live while total tree is still upgrade-able, for example Aapo
Rantalainen asked me if they could have some sort of wiki, well, it would
be very easy to setup something simple/useful without database back-end.
(ideally dokuwiki)

Projects.openmoko.org has Great potentials, we, site-admin team are in
need of your points and suggestion.

Also, once again i have to say that projects.openmoko.org will be more
valuable service with official openmoko projects there.

--
Armin ranjbar , System Administrator