OpenWrt on your Neo - some updates...

Lars-Peter Clausen lars at metafoo.de
Thu Jul 16 15:00:51 CEST 2009

Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Mirko Vogt <lists at nanl.de> writes:
>
>> As we're not using OE, there's no "recipe", but an OpenWrt-Makefile:
>> https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages/Xorg/driver/xf86-video-glamo/Makefile
>>

> Ok, can you please run
>
> while true; do sleep `expr $RANDOM % 30`; kill -STOP `pidof X`; sleep 4; kill -CONT `pidof X`; done
>
> for a while? With older versions it sometimes triggered a state where
> glamo jams the whole system with nWAIT.

Hi

We wouldn't claim it to be WSOD free if it wasn't :)
The command above survived for hours while running x11perf -all in the
background.

Although to archive this you need support from the kernel.
So just using the latest xf86-video-glamo will certainly improve
stability, but to get the best result you'll need kernel support for
glamo engine ioctls[1].

- Lars

[1] https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/16686