Making a GPS app

David Ford david at blue-labs.org
Thu Jul 16 20:37:24 CEST 2009

they all run dbus, like paul said.  the fastest way to get familiar with
the freesmartphone framework is to use a simple python application.  no
compiling necessary.  there are bindings for pygtk, elementary, dbus,
etc, nearly all of them are installed by default on most of the OM
distributions.  while i don't use GPS in my sms app, i pointed you to my
app as an example of using sms dbus methods.

again, read over bluesms.py at https://blue-labs.org/svn/BlueLabs/BlueSMS/