moving mouse cursor automatically with xautomation (Re: touchpad on OM)

Michal Brzozowski rusolis at poczta.fm
Mon Jul 20 11:24:19 CEST 2009

2009/7/20 Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi>

> Michal Brzozowski <rusolis at poczta.fm> writes:
> > bit slow on some windows, vala-terminal in particular. I'm not sure if
> it's
> > possible at all to use a real mouse pointer for this.
>
> It is possible. For example
>
> $ xte "mousemove 10 10"
>
> moves mouse pointer to 10+10 and
>
> $ xte "mouseclick 1"

Yes, I use the XTest extension to do the clicks. The problem is that when
you're touching the touchpad, that's where the pointer will normally be
moved, and I don't think X supports two pointers to have at two different
places. That's why I have to draw a fake pointer.

When you click the "L" or "R" buttons, the pointer is now free and I can
move it to the location of the fake pointer to simulate the click.

http://pvtrace.com/literki-0.0.2.tar.gz