Building the image with mokomake file

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 19:50:26 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 7:16 PM, RANJAN<infibit at gmail.com> wrote:

>> >Will you promise to write on the wiki all that I'm saying to you ? :))))
>>
>  Done! Check out my summary at link:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Booting_from_SD#EXperience_summary_of_a_Navie_windows_user_now_on_Moko
>
> I think any other new guy who wants to work on Moko won't face a problem.

Well done, I'll read deeply asap, at first look I want to precise that:

*) no need for the first tiny partition for the kernel, it was needed
in the past to boot from sd with older version of u-boot, the next
time try again with one partition only and report back
*) you mention devel-image-fic-gta01-20070313022035.rootfs.tar.gz I
guess it's a mistake

Finally I'm happy after several hours you installed SHR without deeply
linux knowledge, you are a promising window to linux user :)

P.s. that experience shows that wiki docs are mostly suited for Linux geeks.

Regards

    Nicola