[fso] PIM.Messages

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak seba.dos1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 11:38:48 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 09:32, Michal Brzozowski<rusolis at poczta.fm> wrote:
> I've got some questions about PIM.Messages.
>
> The list of message folders that I got from GetFolderNames is: 'Unfiled',
> 'Trash', 'SMS'. Can someone explain what they mean? I was expecting
> something like: 'Incoming', 'Sent', 'Drafts', 'Trash'.
>
> What's the difference between NewMessage and IncomingMessage signals?
>
> What does the Add method do? Should I use it to send messages?
>
> Thanks,
> Michal

I didn't work at folders yet. To differ between incoming and sent,
just query for {'Direction':'in'} or {'Direction':'out'}

NewMessage notifies about every message added to database. It's
emitted at boot when reading messages from db, and it's emmited after
adding message by Add method. It's also emitted on incoming message.

IncomingMessage notifiers only about new incoming message.

Add just adds message to default backend. opimd can't send messages
(and I don't know if it should, but that's topic to discuss by FSO
guys). So use Add to store sent messages or drafts.

--
Sebastian Krzyszkowiak
dos