Serial port not working on GTA02 with debug board

Abhishek Bajpai abhisheietk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 08:10:25 CEST 2009

2009/6/12 Christopher Hall <hsw at openmoko.com>

> Hello Abhishek,
> On 2009 June 8 Monday 20:37:22 Abhishek Bajpai wrote:
> > I want to interface a computers serial port with GTA02 . I connected
> debug
> > Board V3 with GTA02 and to my computer.
> > I set the baud rate to 112500 8N1 of the ttyUSB0 device through minicom.
>
> The Debug board should appear as two serial ports:
> ttyUSB0 is used with openocd to access the JTAG port
> ttyUSB1 is the connected to the CPU console
>
> so if you change minicom to ttyUSB1 you ought to be able to connect.
>
> there should be a line in the GTA02 inittab to start getty
> S:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 115200 ttySAC2
>
> so minicom with set to 115200 8N1, press enter and you should get the login
> prompt.  Hope this helps

Well my debug board shows only one serial port (ttyUSB1) .... :(
Well I think there is some hardware problem because I remove fpc cable from
the GTA02 still I am getting special charactors on my computer minicom so I
thing fpc cable is catching some noise as TX and RX tracks are so close.
Other thing I have found that GTA02's TX signal is not comming on the board.
I think fpc connector is not working properly.

> > installed the minicom on GTA02 also and set its ports accordingly. But On
> > my computer I am getting some special characters in minicom terminal and
> no
> > response in minicom terminal  on GTA02. I tried all the serial ports
> > available on GTA02 ( tty0, tty1, tty2, ttySAC0, ttySAC1, ttySAC2 ) But I
> am
> > not getting any response. If the port is aquired by some other program
> the
> > minicom should give the error. but it also not giving any error.
> >
> > Other thing is I have also observed that minicom terminal on computer
> > starts responding as soon as I start the GTA02 device. Does it suggest
> > that some other device is also attached in that port.
> >
> > Please help
> > Thanks and regards
> > Abhishek Bajpai
>
> --
> Best regards.
> Christopher Hall                      hswATopenmoko.com

--
" Even The word Impossible says I M Possible"