Resolved [NOT!]: Re: GPS receiver broken (but no SDcard problem)

Daniel Willmann daniel at totalueberwachung.de
Fri Jun 19 17:22:45 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:56:04 +0300
Nikolay Mitev <face.mitev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I've tried FDOM, Om2009 and debian. Don't remember what image I
> was running when I got it working that one time. It was a long time
> ago.

please be aware that it could also be a hardware issue, i.e. the cable
of the GPS antenna could be broken.

During my buzz fixes I have seen a few of these issues so it's not all
that uncommon. You can verify by either opening the case and checking
if the GPS cable from the antenna has squeeze marks or you can attach
an external GPS antenna and see if that improves reception.

Regards,
Daniel Willmann