Watching TV on OM?

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Wed Jun 24 02:50:20 CEST 2009

I'm tracing a new idea:

It is possible to watch TV from www.zattoo.com through a Flash video
player. You have to register as a user for that.
(It works in Germany, don't know about other sites).

I also managed to download a youtube video, which is actually a .flv flash
video file, with this script:
http://bitbucket.org/rg3/youtube-dl/wiki/Home

and play it with mplayer on my FreeRunner without any converting.

youtube-dl is a python script and it already knows to login with password
to download restricted contents.

So I think it should be probably only a small step to stuff the zattoo
flash stream into mplayer, after login was successful, maybe with some
modifications of the youtube-dl script.

Did anyone have similair considerations already or knows that it is not
possible?

Alex.