e-libs version numbering

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 24 09:35:07 CEST 2009

Hi,
  I've been developing a few applications (e-tasks, launcher, intone and
guitartune) most of which depend on elementary. Unfortunately, over the past
few months, there have been a number of name changes that have led to some
apps not running under certain distributions - increasing my time spent on
maintaining differing toolchains for each distribution.
  From what I know, SHR, FSO and OM distributions use illume and elementary.
Would it be too much to ask for if there could be some consensus on the
names for these libraries? Also, it would be useful if there was a wiki page
(maybe) that clarifies this naming scheme.
  Currently, SHR has **ver-svn-02.so.0 while OM has **ver-pre-svn-01.so.0 as
library name suffix. Is one moving towards the other? Are we eventually
going to end up with the same names - or are these going to be different?
  Can anyone clarify?