e-libs version numbering

Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann mok at mnet-online.de
Wed Jun 24 12:40:12 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch 24 Juni 2009 12:14:02 schrieb c_c:
> Hi,
>
> Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann wrote:
> >  >Btw. IMHO you should not care about building packages for SHR or OM.
> >  >We both will happily add all wanted packages to our feed...
>
>   Can you clarify how this pulling from the svn works? As in - if I make
> some changes to the code, how often does the package in the feed get
> updated?
it depends. We can either specify a specific svn revision we want to build, or
tell OE to always use latest HEAD (called AUTOREV). In the first case the
package won't get updated, if we don't manually change the revision. In the
second case it will automatically pickup the latest revision when we build our
feed. Up to now we do that manually, which means there is no defined 'how
often' :-) But we do that quite often.

>   Can I stop building packages all together and let the feeds autobuild
> them?
That is what I think yeah. You concentrate on coding... and we on building :D

> Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann wrote:
> >  >Btw. current intone does not build from SVN... it has some problems
> >  >with id3lib. Could you please fix that :)
>
>   Sorry, I was in the middle of adding id3 tags to intone and had to travel
> for a few days, which led to the inconsistency in the code. Will fix it
> soon.
>   This also means that I need to update the svn only when the code is ready
> to be built. Ok - will keep that in mind.
We had intone on AUTOREV. Which is what we usually want for packages that are
still evolving quickly. The world will not explode if it does not build
sometimes. Though if possible - building commits are always appreciated :P

>   On the same note - can someone point out what libraries I can use for m4a
> and ogg tags?

> >>I did a recipe for it... but it does not build. It has a typo in
>
> configure.ac.
>
> >>There is edbu instead of edbus. c_c ?
>
>   Will fix that soon enough.
thanks.

>   Thanks for the feedback though. At least now I'm clear that OM is going
> to eventually move to the **02** libs.
yeah, and **03** after that and then **04** - until enlightenment considers
itself stable enough to do a stable release :(

Thanks again
--

Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann