Watching TV on OM?

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Wed Jun 24 18:59:34 CEST 2009

Alexander Lehner wrote:
> I'm tracing a new idea:
>
> It is possible to watch TV from www.zattoo.com through a Flash video
> player. You have to register as a user for that.
> (It works in Germany, don't know about other sites).
>
> I also managed to download a youtube video, which is actually a .flv flash
> video file, with this script:
> http://bitbucket.org/rg3/youtube-dl/wiki/Home
>
> and play it with mplayer on my FreeRunner without any converting.
>
> youtube-dl is a python script and it already knows to login with password
> to download restricted contents.
>
> So I think it should be probably only a small step to stuff the zattoo
> flash stream into mplayer, after login was successful, maybe with some
> modifications of the youtube-dl script.
>
> Did anyone have similair considerations already or knows that it is not
> possible?

Well, for youtube there are no issues [1] but it's not always possible
to retrieve the flv video from the flash player; and the resolution
counts (since we have a limited hardware from this point of view).

[1] http://dev.3v1n0.net/gitweb/?p=etube.git;a=summary

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/