[FSO] Wake on cell

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Thu Jun 25 14:48:53 CEST 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 25.06.2009, 10:27 +0200 schrieb Esben Damgaard:
> I was wondering if I could make the Freerunner wake up from suspend when
> a specific gsm-cell is seen. This is a thought experiment when using FSO
> (if that is a help).
>
> This gives us an easy way to save battery and have a proximate location.
> Then it is easier to make a program that changes profile when on work or
> at home. Just wake up the phone when you see one of the cell when at
> work and then change profile, etc.

Interesting task. The problem is you can only wake up from GSM on the
granularity of "ANY message received from the network", hence you need
to cheat a bit. Here's what you need to do to make this real:

1.) Stop disabling the +CREG unsolicited code on suspend in ogsmd.

2.) Change ousaged resume code to allow for "intermediate resume tasks"
that have a way to "veto" a full resume.

3.) Add a new "intermediate resume task", read the LAC/CID values, and
if they're not the ones you're interested in, veto the full resume.

Done :)

Cheers,

:M: