acceleration sensors: which one do you use ?

Michael Tansella michael-tansella at
Fri Jun 26 18:03:46 CEST 2009

On Friday 26 June 2009 17:25:33 Al Johnson wrote:
> On Friday 26 June 2009, Michael Tansella wrote:
> > On Friday 26 June 2009 08:43:01 Patryk Benderz wrote:
> > > Will one accelerometer be sufficient to detect that FR is in position
> > > with screen is downward?
> >
> > Sure it's a 3 axis accelerometer
> >
> > But why remove? I think it's small and cheap, isn't it?
> a) The second accelerometer is almost useless.
> b) With the Glamo going we lose an SD interface, so the WiFi is being moved
> to SPI. Both the WiFI and accels are high bandwidth devices so won't do
> well sharing a bus.

OK, I see.

> I would like to see a 3-axis magnetometer added, but that's another matter.

This would be really great, because a friend and me have developed an Indoor
Navigation system with the Freerunner as a research project at the university
and we added a magnetometer via USB, so it would be great to have it built in.
We are allowed to publish the most of it soon.