a little help for my script plz!

Visti Andresen talpa at talpa.dk
Sun Jun 28 17:33:14 CEST 2009

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 05:54:19 -0700 (PDT)
lanzo <lanzato at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there!
> I'm a beginner in software development and i would like to get a little help
> from you for my little project.
>
> I wish to create a little script which does the following:
>
> 1- wake up the FR each xx mins (let's say 30 mins) from suspend mode
> 2- disable the auto-suspend mode
> 3- switch on the wi-fi
> 4- scan the available wi-fi networks and, if one known is detected, connect,
> else "goto" #6.
> 5- perform some action like check my email and give a sound notice
> 6- switch off the wi-fi
> 7- re-enable the auto-suspend mode
> 8- suspend the FR (this should be automatic after the #7)
> end
>
> I thought to prepare a txt file with the login infos for my known wi-fi
> networks and use something like "iwconfig eth0 scan" to scan the wi-fi.
> I guess the wpa-supplicant operation is similar to my deskop, so i think it
> shouldn't be a problem. am i wrong?
>
> However my questions are:
> -what is, in your opinion, the best way to do this? should i build a shell
> script or thinking on, let's say, python?
> -is it possible to disconnect and reconnect the wi-fi without switching off
> the phone? (i remember there was a bug or something...?)
> -is there any place where i can find the shell commands to perform the  GUI
> operations? (i mean "switch on-off the wifi", "enable-disable the
> auto-suspend mode"?
>
> Thank you very much in advance for any hint!
> bye! :)
> --

As far as I know WiFi power and other aspects of the phone is controlled by "frameworkd".
And you communicate with it using dbus:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/D-Bus

might be help full, and cli-framework

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenmokoFramework/cli

looks interesting, of course you also want to take a look at the API:

http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/index.html;hb=HEAD

--
Visti Andresen