Wifi not working

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:49:54 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Werner Almesberger <werner at openmoko.org> wrote:
>> Does anyone know why the wireless driver is not based on standard
>> kernel wireless interfaces (MAC80211 or IEEE80211)?
>
> Atheros presumably did this for power saving reasons. MAC80211 may
> also not have been in a good enough shape at the time they decided
> on the AR6k design. (And I don't know what horrors await WLAN makers
> on the Windows side of the fence.)

Hmmm... so who is maintaining the driver now?
If it will not be part of linuxwireless.org many more issues are expected.
Is there any commitment by atheos to reach a working state?

BTW: Why can't we all discuss this on the bug tracker? Is the policy of
not allowing people to interact with pre-opened bugs is intentional?

Thanks!
Alon