Setting Environment variables in GTA02

Freelancer Kiran freelancer.kiran at
Tue Mar 17 07:45:24 CET 2009

Hi all,

     Does anyone tried setting environment variables specified in
     As GTA02 comes with bash, I modified it as "export boot_menu_timeout=99999" instead of given "setenv boot_menu_timeout 99999". But I am not sure, what is the equivalent for "saveenv" in bash? I tried this by creating new .bashrc file in home directory with all these environment variables defined but didn't work. Because of this shell is not invoked while booting and kernel panic is thrown.

Kernel Panic: unable to invoke shell.

Any suggestions on how to set these envs?