FatFingerShell vt with fullscreen keyboard

Aapo Rantalainen aapo.rantalainen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 12:16:50 CET 2009

How about vibration feedback? Because I do not want use sound-feedback
in bus/train. And maybe somebody else can't use visual-feedback for
some reason. So there could be three different (selectable) feedback.

I have used this little snip to do some vibration (Its for c++, but
you got the point):

//Vibrarion
#include <pthread.h>   //thread
#include <fstream>     //file handling
#include <iostream>   //file handling
#include <unistd.h>   //sleep
using namespace std;

void *vibration(void *arg)
    {
    char power[5]="100\n";
    int duration = 300; /* in milliseconds */

    char FileName[44]="/sys/class/leds/neo1973:vibrator/brightness";
    ofstream file_handle(FileName, ios::out);
    file_handle << power ;
    file_handle.flush();

    usleep(duration *1000);

    file_handle << "0\n" ;
    file_handle.close();
    return NULL;
    }

and somewhere else
     //Do some vibration
      pthread_t pth;  /*thread*/
      pthread_create(&pth,NULL,vibration,NULL);

-Aapo Rantalainen