Accelerometer gestures

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at
Mon May 11 18:46:58 CEST 2009

2009/5/11 neomilium neomilium <neomilium at>:
> Hello,
> 2009/5/9 Nicola Mfb <nicola.mfb at>:
>> Some months ago I read about Paul Borza accelerometer daemon pending
>> merge in FSO but after that no other news.
>> Someone may illume about that, and give indications to use gesture
>> recognition in apps without reinveinting the wheel? :)
> Maybe you can have a look to WiiLi project, which talk about Wii and Linux.
> There are some works around motion analysis:
> .
> Hope it help.

Thanks I'll give a look soon. But I'm interested to not going deeply
in that, I like the idea that FSO may trigger an high level dbus
signal when some gestures is recognized.
Until now I thinked that Paul Borza gesture daemon should be
integrated in FSO, but doing some search I found no news about that
( wiki and webgit seems sleeping).
I'm just seeking that as I really do not like the TS only approach.
In my specific case I wrote a little client/server application, the
first is a TS virtual keyboard that sends some udp packet over the
network, the second is a daemon that listen those packets and iniects
them in linux with uinput. I started that to control remotely my new
mythtv box at home with freerunner.
It works but is a pain. With anyremote on Nokia N70 I can sense keys
position and choose the right key without looking at the phone, with
Freerunner it's impossible, so to pause, going to next/prev channel
etc. I'd like to implement it with accelererometer , without caring of
gesture recognition logic that should be placed in a centralized and
robust place I think should be FSO.