clutter on openmoko

Amit Pundir pundiramit at gmail.com
Sun May 17 14:04:24 CEST 2009

Hi, I somehow managed to solve the upside-down rendering issue, which
I was facing on openmoko by changing the Context::Viewport() by
passing origin as (x,height) and height as -height.

But now I'm not able to capture the events as expected i.e. if I put
my actor at (x,y) then I'm not able to get the events there. I thought
it could be beacuse of Viewport settings which I changed but
clutter_event_get_coords (event, &x, &y) always give me the correct
coordinates where my actor is placed.

For example, I created 2 rectangle actors of black and white color,
each of size (480x320) to fill the screen. Black is at (0, 0) position
and white at (0,320). Now if I click at Black rectangle then
clutter_event_get_coords (event, &x, &y) show me that my click
coordinates are indeed between (0,0) and (0,320) however that click
event is been caught by White rectangle. Similar thing happens for a
click at White rectangle.

Also as per my understanding, it is X, who is incharge of capturing
the events and passing it to Clutter or GTK for handling. So it doen't
look like OpenGL ES issue to me. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your concern.

Regards
Amit Pundir