GUI style guidelines proposal

Steve Mosher steve at openmoko.com
Sat May 23 19:35:56 CEST 2009

hehe.
  I cannot count the number of times I have hung up on "incoming"
because the cancel button is on the right.

 From one perspective "go" or initiate buttons should be on the right
where the "return" or "enter button" is. But cell phones have it
backwards. who knows where these conventions start.. but if I use a
key pad to type in a number, then my expectation ( my fingers brain)
is that initiating the sequence just entered should be a button on the
right..as you point out its a left to right thing..

so we issue commands from the right and "escape" is always on the left.
I'll say nothing about the etemology of "sinister" in deference to the
left handed folks here.