glibc_2.6.1 build fails

neomilium neomilium neomilium at gmail.com
Tue May 26 17:24:11 CEST 2009

2009/5/26 Aapo Rantalainen <aapo.rantalainen at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> Thanks for tips. I just got pure openembedded with DISTRO =
> "angstrom-2008.1" working (at least bitbaked nano and running it on
> Freerunner)
> I will next test disabling glibc locales and DISTRO="openmoko"
>
>>> Should I make fso-gta02-unstable-image instead of testing? What else I can try?
>> Due to lack of support and users/developers of "FSO only" image, I
>> switch to SHR which is FSO image + apps and have a better build
>> documentation.
> I have dream "FSO only" will be some day good enough, that there are
> no reason to have SHR. So one more try for FSO until I switch SHR.
> These documentation looks very hopefully.
"FSO only" can't be. Due to "nature" of FSO, it must have some apps to
be able to use FSO.
AFAIK, FSO image is only provided as "proof-of-concept", it's not
target end-user.

>> Another good point for OpenWrt : you can choose your libc
>> implementation glibc, eglibc or uClibc(default) and uClibc goes faster
>> than glibc..
> I have runned OpenWrt on my router, but is uClibc usable on
> Freerunner?
OpenWrt is now not only for WRT... neither for routers only. OpenWrt
can now be consider as "framework" to build image and package. And
yes, uClibc is already usable on FreeRunner.

--
neomilium