[SHR] where is the libgsmd-tool?

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sun Nov 15 10:26:16 CET 2009

Am Samstag, den 14.11.2009, 20:46 +0100 schrieb Alexander Lehner:
> I'm running the latest SHR and cannot figure out how to get libgsmd-tool.
> Has the design of accessing the SIM card changed?

SHR is a distribution based on the freesmartphone.org framework, which
has a completely different way of exposing the modem, i.e. through dbus.
See http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenmokoFramework/cli for details.

> How can I send simple AT commands?

Either via the org.freesmartphone.GSM.Debug interface or alternatively,
if you run fso-abyss, "mickeyterm -p fso:0" will open a multiplexing
channel, so you can talk AT in parallel to the rest of the phone stack.

If you want exclusive access, you need to shut down FSO, recycle GSM
power, and call mickeyterm -p /dev/ttySAC0.

Which kind of commands do you want to send, btw.? Chances are, there are
dbus commands for that.

--
:M: