[RFC] Qi Bootmenu

Marc Andre Tanner openmoko at brain-dump.org
Fri Nov 27 19:36:55 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 03:51:19PM +0000, Dave Ball wrote:
> Marc Andre Tanner wrote:
> >
> >My current build scripts can be found at:
> >
> >  git://repo.or.cz/qi-bootmenu-system.git
> >
> >It would be nice if someone could try it out by following the
> >instructions
> >in the README and reporting back the results.
>
> The attached patch makes a working rootfs for me, including ssh,
> booting into my gui (see below), and chainloading a target system
> image.  Currently I've been using a pre-built kernel, my next step
> is to use the kernel integrated in the build scripts, and switch to
> an initrd rather than SD based rootfs.
>
> changes:
> - use a git snapshot of kexec, including your uImage support
> - add /mnt and /etc/dropbear to rootfs
> - remount rw so dropbear can create it's key.
> - tweak packages and compilation options for my GUI.
> - include my gui.

I added your changes + a few other to the repo. Thanks. I also restructured
qi-bootmenu and added my own little GUI which looks something like:

  +------+
  | LOGO |   /dev/mmcblk0p1
  |      |
  +------+
  +------+
  | LOGO |   /dev/mmcblk0p1
  |      |
  +------+
  +------+
  | LOGO |   Power Off
  |      |
  +------+

For some reason only the logo and the actual text but not the surrounding
space are sensitive for clicks. It would be great iff someone who is familiar
with the EFL could take a look at the draw_item function in:

 http://repo.or.cz/w/qi-bootmenu.git/blob/HEAD:/gui.c

Dave, you should be able to add your gui by patching this file.

Thanks,
Marc

--
 Marc Andre Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0