Rod Whitby (MokoMakefile author) moves on to start WebOS Internals

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Tue Oct 6 14:20:31 CEST 2009

Rod,

thanks for all the work you did to bring Openmoko forward!

Even though it took all so long due to all our detours, I'm quite satisfied
with what the Openmoko community has created throughout the years, especially
since Openmoko Inc. stopped guiding the project.

A hardware family often is the initial trigger to establish a community,
however it's important to embrace and extend, especially when the days of the
hardware family are counted. As other solution come around, it gets important
for the Openmoko community to widen the focus and grow into something larger.

I created the freesmartphone.org project to cover a much wider scope than
Openmoko -- as such, we are looking forward to continue our work on FSO
covering both anti-vendor-ports and forthcoming semiopen devices such as the
Palm Pre and the Nokia N900.

So... good bye and hello again!

See you soon,

:M: