HelP regarding Emulation!

Sander van Grieken sander at 3v8.net
Thu Oct 15 09:38:56 CEST 2009

On Thursday 15 October 2009 09:14:33 Paul Fertser wrote:
> Yasir Majeed <leoyasir at gmail.com> writes:
> > Then please guide me which distribution of Om or any other can be
> > used? Especialy Qtopia can be used or not? And also tell me how to
> > emulate that distribution.
>
> For qtopia look at what QtMoko guys are developing. Ask them for
> instructions on compiling natively.
>
> Most community effort is concentrated in SHR distribution which is
> OE-based. But emulating it is useless because basically if you want to
> do something related to telephony, you need a real device and if not
> you just write your apps natively as usual ("elementary" toolkit is
> considered to be the most eye-candy and suitable at the same time for
> the FR but you can use whatever toolkit you want).

A (long) while back I ran the emulator and made an external GSM available in the emulator
via bluetooth/rfcomm. Of course the sound was still on the external device, but the
emulator was sufficiently tricked to debug at least the signalling stuff, like registering to
a network, making and receiving calls etc.

This was at a time when OM2007 was current, so I cannot help you with the technicals :)