HelP regarding Emulation!

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:25:11 CEST 2009

2009/10/16 Marc Andre Tanner <openmoko at brain-dump.org>:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 01:12:42AM +0200, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
>> (Technically there is an emulated GSM modem (that tries to look like
>> TI Calypso as much as possible) in the emulator code, for example you
>> can make a call to some specific phone number and it'll call back so
>> you can test receiving calls (the same can be done using the "ring"
>> command from qemu monitor).)
>
> Do you have any plans to integrate the GSM modem emulation in upstream qemu

No, I don't believe it belongs there.  The interface is a serial port
after all so it's very easy to connect a modem emulator running in a
separate process, as a separate project.  phonesim is nice for that
purpose.

>> It's mainly the CPU differences that
>> prevent GTA02 images from booting.
>
> What exactly is the problem there? Qemu emulates armv5 cores for example
> the versatilepb machine shows the following /proc/cpuinfo:

I didn't mind the arm instruction set, more likely the differences
between s3c2410 and 2442.  It's only a guess though.

Cheers