HelP regarding Emulation!

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Sat Oct 17 02:25:03 CEST 2009

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:37:19 +0500 Yasir Majeed <leoyasir at gmail.com> said:

if you can implement it on linux, it fits on a 480x640 screen @16bpp, it
only requires 1 mouse button - that is only moving when pressed down, it doesnt
require real buttons beyond power and aux, then it will work on freerunner.
it's that simple. thats the point of linux on embedded. proper linux. its the
same thing you have on desktop and laptop. certain peripherals may be different
- but very few emulators porperly emulate all peripherals.

one thing you will NEVER know until you get the device. is.. if it is fast
enough. you will just never know. NO emulator actually also emulates exact
speed requirements (Eg memory latency, throughput to glamo's video ram, exact #
of cycles per instruction, etc. etc.).

you're going to have to make your decisions without an emulator as it doesnt
actually tell you the answer to your question.