Vala-Problem with ??? array variables

Matthias Huber matthias.huber at wollishausen.de
Wed Oct 21 18:26:34 CEST 2009

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer schrieb:
> Am Mittwoch, den 21.10.2009, 16:33 +0200 schrieb Matthias Huber:
>
>> Sorry when i am nervy, but i don't find a documentation about vala's stdout:
>>
>> when i pipe my program (because i don't want to rewrite my c-code
>> completele with vala)
>> into my program, or even into tail, the prog doesn't show any output with my
>>
>> stdout.printf("sonemting")
>>
>> is there a stdout.flush() ?
>> yes there is one.
>>
>> but that doesn't help me.
>>
>> Any Idea ?
>>

> Try appending \n. This is not Vala-specific though, it's plain old posix
> stdout.

Thank you, now it is working so far.

But for initially getting the provider from dbus, i need to do a call,
but i can not find out, how the function prototype has to be declared
and also after that, howto get the provider itself, i.e: (this doesn't
work):

        // async dbus call
       this.device.GetStatus( reply_handler );

what type is here given back ?

   private void reply_handler (string[] ids, GLib.Error e) {
        // callback for async dbus call
        if (e != null) {
            critical ("%s", e.message);
            return;